Saturday 30 January 2010

She is fixed

After all of this time wondering and asking questions, I decided to just get on with the work and get my hands dirty. This was a bad time to start work because there was 8 inches of snow outside, and every movement was painful and tiring. However after a good few weekends of cold slow progress, I managed to change the main bearings and put in the new +10 thrust washers.

Originally inside the slave cylinder I had found a socket from a socket set, to give extra reach for the clutch arm. With the new sized thrust washers this is no longer needed, and therefore as far as I'm aware I have managed to sort all of my problems, however she still has a compression problem, only running on 3 cylinders (which could explain the top speed of 60)

I'll be taking her out for a spin on Monday when my insurance starts, hopefully it'll be a nice sunny day!

No comments: