Wednesday 25 August 2010

Final Set-up before MOT

Okay so we're coming up the the end of the summer (arghh) but I've had a very successful few weeks, following on from the last post I have received the new V5 from the DVLA and to my surprise they have allowed my engine change without asking for more evidence, which is excellent news. Since the welding has been done the petrol tank has been out of the car so we can prepare the offside rear wheel arch for MOT standard and I have now fitted it back into the boot (which means I can play with the engine again) and have fitted the 13/60 (second hand) stainless steel exhaust pipe, which sounds throaty yet appears to have no visible emissions. The following is a video taken shortly after fitting the petrol tank and exhaust, she's sounding healthier than ever;



Months ago whilst Rimmer Bros were hosting a sale, I bought 2 new springs and shocks, because mine were no longer working well (one of the shocks was no longer working and the springs were distorted) and today, despite the heavy rain, I set upon replacing the drivers-side front suspension, which was a job i was worrying about because I have no history with suspension removal/replacement, It was a tedious job because I decided it would be good to slap some paint around the wishbones etc. but more or less an easy and fun job.

Lets hope my last few weeks prove to be as valuable as this one!

No comments: